Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

117 results found

1. Edit more than one item at a time

When editing layers (such as markers, routes, tracks, etc.) I want multi-selection options so that I can change colors, styles, fonts, and delete all at once.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. More Line and Marker Symbol Styles

You guys need more line styles. For example: double dashed lines (dirt road), double solid lines (road), alternating solid/hollow lines (abnd), barbwire fence x-x-x-, stone wall oooooo

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Track Editing

I want to be able to edit a track by dragging points and segments.

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Rotate Marker Names

Occasionally, I want to label my marker text at an angle, rather than straight across.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Create geoPDF maps

I would like the ability to create/export maps in geoPDF format.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. In prefrences ,range rings, allow input of 4 unique distances before returning to map.

In the SAR world early in a missing person search, one of the first uses of TNP is to describe the statistical data base of lost persons. This nationwide database expresses data in 25,50,75, and 95 percentile rings. It would greatly assist our efforts to be able to input four unique range rings in Preferences/range rings/set by distance so we would not have to work back and forth from set up to map to set these statistical rings.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be Able to Start A New Line At or On an Existing Line or Object

Currently, new lines have to be started a short distance away from any existing lines or features. This causes a glitch in the professionalism of maps because there are "stub outs" that have no purpose and always raise questions by map recipients.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I would like to have the ability to enter meets and bounds from a known point to create a boundary line

Take the meets and bounds from a deed description and enter them to create a boundary line. Also have the ability to create a plot line report.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Alter a project while the print screen is open.

Often I enter the print screen and take many steps setting up a print then need to make a small adjustment, such as hiding certain tracks or markers or changing colors, and have to close the print screen, make the changes and then reopen print to make all the adjustments that were just set up to print the next map.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Layer Grouping for Show and Hide

You should allow "groups" of layers within a Project to facilitate easy hide/show.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Radius Tool or Tower Tool

Add radio propagation model: Identify a point for a tower, its height above ground level, and how many miles it can transmit, then TNP shades the map to show you where signal can reach and where it can't. Alternatively: Locate a point, move any distance from that point, click to set your radius and then move the cursor in an arc to draw any portion of a circle from 5 degrees to 360 degrees. It would show the length in feet of the radius (i.e. length of pivot) and the acres within the circle or partial circle.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Leaf off aerial photos.

In addition to or in place of the leaf on aerial photos, color leaf off aerials would show so much more detail. For example streams, skid trails and field edges can all be seen with leaf off photos but they hide under the canopy of the trees.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need to move "manage project" to the toolbar

Every time i start a project - I have to go - LAYERS , Then Manage project - then pick my project. It be nice if there was a project button or even on the side panel...

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Highlight Buffer Width

Please add the ability to specify width of a highlight/buffer along routes (and tracks) in Feet and Meters.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display track information (primarily track length and track area) by track in the "Edit Track" screen

As envisioned, this feature would allow user to obtain information about mulitple tracks from one location by toggling through track list rather than having to left click on each track in a map.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Near IR aerial photography layer

Natural Resource Managers would see a huge benefit to having near IR aerial photos to compare to regular aerial photographs in order to determine where stands dominated more by conifers differ from deciduos dominated stands.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow track and route names/numbers to be displayed on screen as markers are.

Currently you can't have track names on-screen. Names, trail numbers, etc., are very useful for our SAR unit. Having such a feature would save us time in preparing mission maps.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Watershed Delineation

"Fill" a watershed with virtual water from a set elevation to visualize a hypothetical impoundment area on topographic maps and aerials. This is useful for planning ponds, lakes, and culverts. (This feature is available on Global Mapper.)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Date of Satellite/Aerial Photos

We used to be able to access acquisition dates of aerial photos through the "information" link on the photo; that now seems to be lost in TNP 11 (and there seems to be no way to determine when the satellite photos were taken - not even the year). In my work it is important to be able to reference the date of the photo - any way to provide that information again?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Aerial OrthoPhoto map type retains the ability to indicate the date (year) of the photo. In fact, each year available is listed as a Map Edition.

Unfortunately, the data provider for the higher resolution Satellite Imagery does not indicate the date of that image to us. Perhaps they will add this ability to their service in the future – at which time we can consider adding it to TNP.

20. Provide capability to display both dog and gps receiver for Alpha 100-TT15

Garmin sells the alpha 100. With this you can see the position of a canine in the field (sporting or search dog) by plugging the handheld into laptop and running basecamp software. I can plug my alpha in and see my location on TNP but I can't see the dog's location. We want the ability to see the location on TNP for several dogs in the field from a receiver in base. Would rather use TNP than have to switch to upgraded map products in their basecamp software.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base