Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

117 results found

1. Provide the same color palette for labels as that available for polygons.

I would like to see the color palette for labels be expanded to match that provided for polygons. Would be great to have color selection for tracks match as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Interactive mapping

http://terrastridepro.com/ -- see this company --they have an interactive features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Parcel Grouping

We'd like to see a feature where you can group contiguous parcels and then draw a single polygon for the group as well as to pull up parcel information relative to the entire group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow the ability to center the text within a label on a map.

Allow the ability to center the text within a label on a map.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Date of Satellite/Aerial Photos

We used to be able to access acquisition dates of aerial photos through the "information" link on the photo; that now seems to be lost in TNP 11 (and there seems to be no way to determine when the satellite photos were taken - not even the year). In my work it is important to be able to reference the date of the photo - any way to provide that information again?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Aerial OrthoPhoto map type retains the ability to indicate the date (year) of the photo. In fact, each year available is listed as a Map Edition.

Unfortunately, the data provider for the higher resolution Satellite Imagery does not indicate the date of that image to us. Perhaps they will add this ability to their service in the future – at which time we can consider adding it to TNP.

6. Labels with more than 2 lines of data

I'd like to see labels that could have more than 2 lines, like Lat/Long/Elev. or even better yet 2 sets that would have lat/long/ d.m.s, and lat/long/d.d, and then elevation. And please get some different looking boxes, the ones offered now are terrible looking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make a "default print scale" preference

This would let you avoid having to remember to set the scale every time you want to print if you consistently use 1 scale. You would still be able to change the scale during the print function if desired.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide the ability to choose the line thickness of the polygon ID within the Legend on a map.

The line thickness that identifies a polygon within the map legend is too thin. This is a big problem especially when you have a lot of polygons.

The versatility to edit the map legend should be broadened in order to be more versatile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I wish I could edit my labels from one area - like the polygon, marker, etc. area.

I wish I could edit my labels from one area - like the polygon, marker, etc. area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add ability to edit Polygon text Style/Font

When using the Polygon tool the automated text values are perfect for labeling search segments. However, we run into the issue of the tiny black numbers being difficult to see on printed aerial maps. We would like the ability to edit the Style of the text in order to, at minimum, change the size and color.

Right now we workaround the issue by using Labels, but this carries its own problems and can be cumbersome.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export Parcel Data Attributes

I would like to see a way to get the parcel data attributes to come over whenever a track is created to export. Right now all we get is the track title which is usually manually typed in. A more efficient way to export parcels and their attributes would be very valuable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to use Sid files as well as GeoTiff

Import MrSid files to gain access to free government imagery not available in Tiff format

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Public Lands Overlay

In states which have large amounts of public land it would be useful if TNP had overlays of public lands such as National Parks, Monuments, Forests, etc. The various overlays in the now discontinued Trimble Outdoors maps were excellent.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Import either KML or KMZ tracks.

I would like to import tracks created on google earth and saved as either KML or KMZ files on my computer without having to convert them to a GPX file first. Right now I have to save the file, then open in it in another program, save it as a GPX, and then finally open in TNP.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can import KML/KMZ files directly into TNP as Overlays – open the Layers menu, choose Overlays and press Help for more details. Once imported, then the contents of the KML/KMZ file can have routes, tracks, and markers created from its data.

That said, it would be useful to import KML/KMZ files directly as routes, tracks and markers.

15. Layer Stacking Order in display

On any display with layers, have a "right-click" option to change stacking order, moving the selected item towards the front or rear in the display, that is, to change which item is hidden by what. Options might be to change order within a Layer type, or among all Layer types, or of Layer types as a group (now seems to be Overlays under Routes under Tracks …).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Team Tracker status indicator

Include an indicator in the TNP icon is the task tray that shows whether Team Tracker is enabled or not. (MS Outlook has similar functionality to indicate unread messages.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Include USGS 1:24000 Quad name with every Find Placename Match

A Find Placename search may result in a long list of matches esp. if the keyword is common. The associated Quad names may be very useful in filtering for the desired Match. Sometimes TNP includes the Quad name with a match, sometimes not, even with identical match names. Suggestion: Include the Quad name for every Match. (If the quad name is always included, I can ignore it, but I cannot include the name as part of the filtering if it is not given.)
    The Nearest 15 is also a useful filter; the GNIS Category is often more entertaining than useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When moving a marker, the 'hand' should not obscure the terrain under the marker.

When I move a marker by dragging it to a different place, the symbol that 'holds' the marker, obscures the terrain or symbols below. Could you please come up with less 'covering' symbol than the hand presently used? It would be helpful to me, if you were to allow the 'hand' to wrap around the marker symbol rather than to totally obscure it. Maybe a pincer-like symbol closing to the outside of the marker could serve.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need to move "manage project" to the toolbar

Every time i start a project - I have to go - LAYERS , Then Manage project - then pick my project. It be nice if there was a project button or even on the side panel...

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide capability to display both dog and gps receiver for Alpha 100-TT15

Garmin sells the alpha 100. With this you can see the position of a canine in the field (sporting or search dog) by plugging the handheld into laptop and running basecamp software. I can plug my alpha in and see my location on TNP but I can't see the dog's location. We want the ability to see the location on TNP for several dogs in the field from a receiver in base. Would rather use TNP than have to switch to upgraded map products in their basecamp software.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base