Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

117 results found

1. rotate polygons

Add the ability to rotate a polygon. For example, if you have a footprint (building pad for example) and you what to try to see how it fits on the ground, being able to rotate (as well as drag as we currently can do) would be very helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. The title of the track profile graph is now "Profile - Track" in TNP 10.42. It would be useful to have the title be the actual name of the

The title of the track profile graph is now "Profile - Track" in TNP 10.42. It would be useful to have the title be the actual name of the track. I post profiles to a hiking website and it gets confusing if all of the profiles have the same name. Attached is how it worked in TNP 9.2.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Import GPX files with several layer types using a single import step

The Web Planner offers export of Markers and Routes and Tracks into a single GPX file. But the import of that GPX file to TNP requires several steps to import all data elements. Furthermore, for any GPX file, I may not know which layer types are present.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Additional Backup Option

In the realm of automatic project backups, create a 3rd tab/option/window that automatically backs up all "dirty" i.e. changed projects when exiting TNP. In a Preference option, allow setting of a different subdirectory and/or drive than the current default and more importantly, rather than a replace/overwrite option for name saving, let TNP automatically append the current date/time stamp on to the project name as a suffix in a format of yyyy/mm/dd hh:min:sec so that they can be sorted. If feasible and practical, this feature could be extended to "subfiles" such as markers, tracks, etc, whenever a project is exited. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Increase number of export/import fields- Default settings during import/export

In markers and possibly other functions, increase the number of data fields capable of being imported/exported, such as symbol, line, font size and and all colors; Bottom line, if it has a fill-in editable box within a drop down window in TNP, those fieldsshould be capable of being imported/exported, assuming blanks are set to a tab-drop down options that are to be used only during import/exports (and do not affect the "standard" defaults). Also, it would be easier to track/use if TNP inserted or removed as appropriate a header that contained the field names.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Weather radar layer

Just how there are street and label and landmark layers, it would be extremely helpful to have a high-resolution radar layer (ie: useful radar, not blobs). This is present on the TNP Web version, as it is already part of the embedded Google maps I'm sure, but having it on the Desktop client would be excellent. This would allow for easier reference to when weather should hit what specific markers. More importantly, it allows for beautiful TNP printouts with a radar layer on top.

Considerations:
    * Resolution
    * Additional layers along this concept - cloud cover, temperature, wind
    * Obviously…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Extend the compatibility of TNP and ESRI ArcGIS by including import of ESRI LPK along with SHP to generate TNP Overlays.

The ESRI LPK Layer Package has become another valuable source of GIS info that would be useful for TNP Overlays, along with SHP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ADD SLOPE (VS GRADE)

On the Profile display, "Grade" is shown. In the work I do, adding "Slope" (just to the right of the existing "grade %" would be VERY helpful. I am involved in back-country rescue and being able to plot a "slope" of a course, or determine the slope of a mountain side is more meaningful to our folks as avalanche potential is measured in terms of the slope of a mountainside - Maybe have the option to select Grade, Slope or "both" in the display could be useful too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Recognize Magenta and DarkMagenta colors when Importing Tracks

Description:
    Various colors can be assigned to Tracks in TNP. These are intended to be universal colors, so they work in BaseCamp and Google Earth as well (this is awesome) upon Export. However, I've noticed that TNP does not properly Import Magenta and DarkMagenta. It defaults to Red, which I assume is the default Track color, instead of being the assigned color like all the other colors.

Repro:
    1. Open attached TNP Export.gpx in BaseCamp and acknowledge multiple Tracks of various colors to show intended function in addition to Magenta and Dark Magenta.
    2. Open that same file in TNP,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Quick way to review the Show/Hide status of all sublayers in a large Project.

Currently, the Show/Hide state of sublayers (e.g. Markers, Overlays) in a Project is found either by scrolling through a lengthy list in the Layer Size/Visibility Preference or by examining one-at-a-time the individual sublayers (e.g. Markers in the Edit Markers window). Example Suggestion: Gray-out the name of each Hidden Marker in the entire list of Markers in the Edit Markers window, distinguishing the Show/Hide state of every Marker at a glance. This suggestion has perhaps greatest value for Overlays in a complex Project.
    This suggestion does not require revising the always-visible GUI as proposed in this forum "layer display palette on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Selection Inconsistencies

A selected item (marker, track…) is indicated with a dotted line as "Current" in the display if and only if the selection is made by the corresponding Layer tool.
    But selections for editing may be made in ways other than by using the Layer tool (e.g. right-click with any tool, a very worthwhile capability). However, then there may be an uncertainty, or no indication at all, of which item is being edited.
    Suggestion: Always use the dotted line indication of selection ("Current"), whenever an item is selected for any editing, even if the item is not selected by the corresponding…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Visible (with single-click) listing of Layer Type Show/Hide status

Here is an alternate proposal that avoids the need to modify the Compass Bar or GUI as suggested in "layer display palette on the left sidebar". The idea here is to give an easy frequent view of the Show/Hide status of often-edited Layer Types with a single click and should be possible to implement without needing a major redesign of the GUI: Simply have the Layer Types in the Layers dropdown grayed-out if Hidden. Then every click on the Layers button offers a quick, intuitive, unobtrusive reminder of the Show/Hide status for these frequently-used Layer Types.

This proposal does not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Viewsheds (Line-of-Sight or Area-of-Sight) as an associated utility for TNP.

The need for Viewsheds is rapidly increasing in the SAR world esp. for searches for cell phones, in addition to uses as in the suggestion "Radius Tool or Tower Tool" ). Even the simplest Line-of-Sight model that generates overlays would be valuable using the DEM already built-in to TNP (MTH). A utility that functions along with, but not yet fully integrated in, TNP (as TNP's FormatMXF.exe utility) should be relatively easy to include as a feature of TNP and would be a selling point for TNP.
    Better elevation data might be imported and used in the utility (e.g. GridFloat and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Preference changes may be simplified and made more intuitive by offering MiniPref selector windows that would be always displayed.

The user's choice of a "MiniPref" window or selector could be displayed at all times (not buried under numerous clicks), making commonly-changed Preferences more available and obvious and with less "Learning Curve" for the new user. This small window might be placed (floated) by the user over an unused area, perhaps over the Compass Control Bar or Toolbar if space does not allow embedding, or even over a corner of the map itself as is done now with the (optional) "Alt. Edition" selector in the lower left corner of the map. The functionality in a MiniPref would be identical to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Range-Bearing Line tweaks

Allow editing of various RBL features in the same way that Routes (and associated Waypoints) can be edited now. Unfortunately, when an RBL is converted to a route and so edited and converted back to an RBL, the edited features are dropped: Highlighting, font, background, editing the field at the arrowhead. Do we really need precision to 1/10000 mile, even on the 1:3600 photos?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Rotate Label

In addition to inserting text horizontally using the label tool, I would like the option to insert the text vertically as well as actively setting an insertion angle.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow a Marker Name to be the Same as a GPS Name

Have a check box that will automatically set the GPS name to the Marker name when uploading a marker

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Keep Track/Marker/etc. dialog open when Find is pressed

When I append one track to another, I need to know which end is the start and end of each track. The only way I can do that with 10.2 is to use the Find Start and Find End button located in Edit Track. However, once I click the Find Start or Find End button, the Edit Track box will disappear. It would be nice to not have the Edit Track dialog box disappear after the I click Find Start or Find End.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Smart Track Append

When I create tracks from the overlay layer created by a shapefile, the tracks are often broken up into segments. If I want just one track from two segments, I have to be very careful of the order of the track I choose when I do the append. For example, I pick out two trails that are two segments of the same trail so track one goes from A to B and track two goes from B to C. When I do the append operation, I have to make sure I append track two to track one. If I append…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base