Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

62 results found

1. I would like to be able to scan a paper trail map and use it as a layer in TNP

Many parks have campsite and trail maps in paper format. I would like to be able to scan the paper map into a digital format such as a PDF or JPEG and overlay it as a semi transparent layer over a topo map in TNP so that the local trail and campsite information appears on the topo map. I often do not have access to a geocoded TIFF file and would like to simply overlay the map and manipulate it into position using a layer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Version 11.04 of Terrain Navigator Pro – released 12/5/2017 includes this new feature. When Information is picked in the Manage MapPacks window – the selection tool will now indicate the area of coverage (of the minimum display scale) of that MapPack. We also added a ‘Find’ button to open the map view at that location.

3. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I am still downloading Oregon Aerials. I am on my 6 hour of downloading from the internet (with a 18Mbps connection). It would be very help

I am still downloading Oregon Aerials. I am on my 6th hour of downloading from the internet (with a 18Mbps connection). It would be very helpful, in future versions of TNP if there was an indicator of progress in the Downloading from the internet pop up window such as: downloading 13 of 2066 files --- downloading 266 of 2066 files etc.

It would also be very helpful if there was a way to get the aerials via DVD or SD card or USB so they load to a local drive much faster than occurs by downloading over the internet?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Opacity to Polygon settings

This is somewhat doable with Patterns, there being a series of patterns that range from essentially low coverage/clear to high coverage/solid. What would be ideal, however, is an Opacity option of the desired pattern. For instance:

Fill Properties (of a Polygon):
    Pattern: Solid
    Color: Red
    Opacity: 50%
    Background color: Transparent

Application of this would be for a visual presentation of Probability of Area, how likely it is for the search subject to be in that area. Would be able to set some Polygons (acting as search segment boundaries) as 90%, some at 75%, some down at 50%, and barely visible…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Error message: Map file is corrupt, cannot load.

I'm printing a 68"x68" map using TNP 10.2. Resolution is 50 dpi. I first start off with map type at 1:24k topo and it rendered on the screen. Then I switch to a map type of 1:12k and it too rendered on the screen. Next I kept the map type at 1:12k and switch scale to 1:24k. That also rendered on screen. I then switch scale to 1:48k and got the error message. Attached are screen captures when the error was received and what it looked like after I clicked OK in the error message box.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enterprise Edition of the Mobile App

Absoutely needed to make this app useful for SAR work. Limiting the number of mobile phone to 1 or 5 or even 10, precludes its use for team operations. Even if you have to charge a modest fee (.99 to 2.99) for each app beyond a certain number (5?), we can't limit the number of devices.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. provide a phone number to call for support

Provide a phone number to call for support. Can't find it in the program or your web site.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our toll free number for live, US-based technical support is published on our web site and in our products: 800-627-7236. Do note that we do not employ a call center, instead callers are answered by those directly responsible for TNP’s design, service, and sales. If you call and get our voicemail, we are likely helping someone else (or in the midst of planning/implementing/testing new features and improvements for TNP). Please leave a voicemail message and we will call you back as soon as we can (usually within an hour, during normal working hours.) Calls that do not leave a voicemail message are automatically discarded by the system and are not able to be returned.

We pride ourselves on excellent service and support for all our current subscribers. Do note that we are unable to assist callers who do not maintain an active TNP subscription; instead they are welcome to…

9. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Find for lakes and streams

The new version appears to list duplicate lakes and streams based on elevation. This is not helpful In Minnesota with 10,000 plus lakes and thousands of streams. The old version based on nearest town for duplicate names was much more useful. The new version also does not find lakes as well as the old version.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Have the name of the topo on the map

Please have the name of the topographic map on my map, that is why I am on your website, but now I am leaving disappointed.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Have a way to save legends made for specific maps.

Have a way to save legends made for specific maps.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. convert tracks to polygons

If a polygon gets lost or deleted or is just not available any more, and you want to recreate it from a track that was created by converting a polygon to a track (i.e. SAR search segments, parcels, etc), it would be good to have an option to convert tracks to polygons - if the track meets a few basic criteria of being a well-formed polygon with a reasonable number of points

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. I need a simple printout for each of my projects of a. route coordinates, b. marker coordinates. These are for permnanent report records.

Allow a simple printout of a. route coordinates, b. marker coordinates. Is this possible with TNP now?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Not an idea but why is the map window black and not showing terrain?

Is your server down or something? My terrain window is black!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Convert Range Ring to Track/Route - Allow Fill/Loop Function for Range Ring

I use Range Rings to delineate center pivots on maps. Would be very useful to be able to use the Fill/Loop function to place a grid in the ring in the same way as a looped track/route.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. Exporting Photos and Quad by "Current View"

When exporting the Photos and Quads it would be more efficient if a user could pick the "current view" rather than trying to pick the same view they are looking at in the small overall window.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto Open Map (Bookmark) for Project

When a project is loaded (in My Projects) it would be great if closing that window would automatically open the map to a previously saved location (such as a Bookmark.)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Street Colors

Why can't I adjust the colors used for the street display (and when printing?) That would be very handy to have.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Version 11.04 of Terrain Navigator Pro – released 12/5/2017 includes this new feature. You can specify street colors for major roads, minor roads, and trails. Moreover, options for color display on topographic-style maps and photographic images are independent – allowing for clarity on any style of map.

20. Lat/Lon GeoTIFF

Please add support for L/L embedding in GeoTIF/World file rather than forcing State Plane. My GIS program requires L/L projection, not state plane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base