117 results found

1. Be able to snap polygon boundaries when creating an adjacent polygon

Would like to snap polygon boundaries when creating an adjacent polygon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. After cutting a existing polygon, be able to create a new and separate polygon from it.

Once you cut an new polygon, it uses the same name as the one you just cut. Want to create a new and separate polygon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When a polygon is cut, TNP already creates two separate polygons from the original. However, both polygons do share the same name (that of the original polygon.)

For example, if you have a Polygon named “My Property”, splitting that polygon will result in two new polygons, both named “My Property”.

We welcome specific suggestions as to how name the two new polygons. Should they be “My Property (1)” and “My Property (2)”? Should one stay named “My Property” and the other named something else (such as “My Property (2)” or whatever the default polygon name is? Or discard the existing name altogether?

3. grid cross

When printing maps, it would be great to be able to print just the gridline crosshairs where two gridlines would meet rather than the full gridlines. This reducing the number of possibly distracting lines on the map, but also provides users with access to the gridline locations (important for utm plotting, for example)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Symbol size option in print menu

When adding a symbol in a printed map legend, provide the editing option of increasing the symbol size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow user to set order/hierarchy of overlays

If you have more than one layer that occupy the same space, there is no way for the user to set which one appears on top of the other. TNP makes this choice for you, which can create a layer to be hidden under another when you want it visible. For example I have a shapefile for every trail in my state, and others for specific trails (ski, snowmobile, etc.) which I want to be able to choose to be layered on top of (thereby visible) the generic trail layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide ability to use What3Words coordinates

What3Words at https://what3words.com/ is being used by several countries and delivery companies to provide an exact (10x10m) location for directions when normal addresses don't work well. I see this as an awesome, easy to use alternative to USNG and would like to see it supported in TNP, if possible.

For example, if I gave you this address: https://w3w.co/fixed.defends.overhaul
    you would know to go to the front door of my work location instead of to the rear parking deck door. This coordinate system is getting more popular each day, especially for rural or highly congested locations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Interactive mapping

http://terrastridepro.com/ -- see this company --they have an interactive features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Text rotation for Overlays

This would be helpful for stationing routes or tracks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Labels with more than 2 lines of data

I'd like to see labels that could have more than 2 lines, like Lat/Long/Elev. or even better yet 2 sets that would have lat/long/ d.m.s, and lat/long/d.d, and then elevation. And please get some different looking boxes, the ones offered now are terrible looking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Split Imported Line Overlays

Split imported line overlays into separate sub-layers so that portions of the drawing can be shown/hidden (as opposed to showing/hiding the entire drawing overlay.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Incorporate Microsoft's Hologram for Map Projection

Incorporate Microsoft's Hologram for Map Projection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Higher Precision for State Plane

Provide higher precision for State Plane Coordinates by providing 3 decimal places.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I would like to open and change multiple projects at one time to create a master project

I have multiple projects scattered over a large area and its hard to remember where they all are so it would be nice to have the availability to open multiple projects then zoom in on the one you want to work on first then move to the next one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase the area/filesize of maps sent to GPS units to the maximum that the GPS can handle.

Increase the area/filesize of maps sent to GPS units to the maximum that the GPS can handle. The maximum size was decreased from version 10 to version 11 even though it was not hitting the limit of my GPS (Garmin Oregon 450).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Options for what populates the track title field

It would be great if I could change what populates the track title field? Right now, when I create a track from a parcel, the track title field is automatically populated with the parcel number. I would like it to populate with the owner name instead. Actually, both would be ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export Parcel Data Attributes

I would like to see a way to get the parcel data attributes to come over whenever a track is created to export. Right now all we get is the track title which is usually manually typed in. A more efficient way to export parcels and their attributes would be very valuable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sync additional data including labels, marker configuration, etc.

My usage case of TNP requires labels and marker configuration (size, icon, color, etc) to be synced. Can this be added? If not, I will have to request a refund. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Distance tool Geotip

When using a distance tool, it would be nice to have more than one unit displayed in the Geotip instead of having to go to "information" to see more than one unit. I'd like the Geotip to show feet AND miles, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export/Import in the MapInfo TAB format

Please add this capability. I've used MapInfo GIS for many years. It would save a good bit of time to be able to bring my GPS data straight across from TNPro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base