Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

117 results found

1. Prompt Project window on launch

In the haste of setting up our command trailer, booting computers, launching software, and getting a map started, it is a common occurrence for our team to accidentally start working on a previous Project as opposed to creating a new Project.

Is it possible to, instead of prompting the Open Map window on launch, prompt the Manage Projects window on launch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. The title of the track profile graph is now "Profile - Track" in TNP 10.42. It would be useful to have the title be the actual name of the

The title of the track profile graph is now "Profile - Track" in TNP 10.42. It would be useful to have the title be the actual name of the track. I post profiles to a hiking website and it gets confusing if all of the profiles have the same name. Attached is how it worked in TNP 9.2.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Additional Backup Option

In the realm of automatic project backups, create a 3rd tab/option/window that automatically backs up all "dirty" i.e. changed projects when exiting TNP. In a Preference option, allow setting of a different subdirectory and/or drive than the current default and more importantly, rather than a replace/overwrite option for name saving, let TNP automatically append the current date/time stamp on to the project name as a suffix in a format of yyyy/mm/dd hh:min:sec so that they can be sorted. If feasible and practical, this feature could be extended to "subfiles" such as markers, tracks, etc, whenever a project is exited. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Increase number of export/import fields- Default settings during import/export

In markers and possibly other functions, increase the number of data fields capable of being imported/exported, such as symbol, line, font size and and all colors; Bottom line, if it has a fill-in editable box within a drop down window in TNP, those fieldsshould be capable of being imported/exported, assuming blanks are set to a tab-drop down options that are to be used only during import/exports (and do not affect the "standard" defaults). Also, it would be easier to track/use if TNP inserted or removed as appropriate a header that contained the field names.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Extend the compatibility of TNP and ESRI ArcGIS by including import of ESRI LPK along with SHP to generate TNP Overlays.

The ESRI LPK Layer Package has become another valuable source of GIS info that would be useful for TNP Overlays, along with SHP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Import GPX files with several layer types using a single import step

The Web Planner offers export of Markers and Routes and Tracks into a single GPX file. But the import of that GPX file to TNP requires several steps to import all data elements. Furthermore, for any GPX file, I may not know which layer types are present.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. ADD SLOPE (VS GRADE)

On the Profile display, "Grade" is shown. In the work I do, adding "Slope" (just to the right of the existing "grade %" would be VERY helpful. I am involved in back-country rescue and being able to plot a "slope" of a course, or determine the slope of a mountain side is more meaningful to our folks as avalanche potential is measured in terms of the slope of a mountainside - Maybe have the option to select Grade, Slope or "both" in the display could be useful too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Selection Inconsistencies

A selected item (marker, track…) is indicated with a dotted line as "Current" in the display if and only if the selection is made by the corresponding Layer tool.
    But selections for editing may be made in ways other than by using the Layer tool (e.g. right-click with any tool, a very worthwhile capability). However, then there may be an uncertainty, or no indication at all, of which item is being edited.
    Suggestion: Always use the dotted line indication of selection ("Current"), whenever an item is selected for any editing, even if the item is not selected by the corresponding…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Preference changes may be simplified and made more intuitive by offering MiniPref selector windows that would be always displayed.

The user's choice of a "MiniPref" window or selector could be displayed at all times (not buried under numerous clicks), making commonly-changed Preferences more available and obvious and with less "Learning Curve" for the new user. This small window might be placed (floated) by the user over an unused area, perhaps over the Compass Control Bar or Toolbar if space does not allow embedding, or even over a corner of the map itself as is done now with the (optional) "Alt. Edition" selector in the lower left corner of the map. The functionality in a MiniPref would be identical to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Range-Bearing Line tweaks

Allow editing of various RBL features in the same way that Routes (and associated Waypoints) can be edited now. Unfortunately, when an RBL is converted to a route and so edited and converted back to an RBL, the edited features are dropped: Highlighting, font, background, editing the field at the arrowhead. Do we really need precision to 1/10000 mile, even on the 1:3600 photos?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Smart Track Append

When I create tracks from the overlay layer created by a shapefile, the tracks are often broken up into segments. If I want just one track from two segments, I have to be very careful of the order of the track I choose when I do the append. For example, I pick out two trails that are two segments of the same trail so track one goes from A to B and track two goes from B to C. When I do the append operation, I have to make sure I append track two to track one. If I append…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add additional frame styles in the print window page blocks for up, down, left, and right arrows

Please add more frame styles in the print block that that would include left, right, up and down arrows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. It would be helpful for Kentucky users to have the option of exporting in Kentucky Single Zone in addition to the North & South options

It would be helpful for Kentucky users to have the option of exporting in Kentucky Single Zone in addition to the North & South options

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. I am know to pick good campsites

Here in the NW it is wise to get sunshine in camp, even more so at higher elevations in deep forest. So I would like to see the suns path animated throughout a day, and with the sun in the proper location for whatever time of the year, In 3D mode with the shadows show from ground level wherever your location might be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. faster rendering

• faster rendering that does not slow the system down as much for large data sets / many tracks. Maybe some sort of culling based on zoom or based on window area? I don't know graphics enough to be conversant on the topic in any more detail.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Curved Line Segments

Along a closed route (which is essentially a polygon), add the ability to specify cord length and radius (for curved plot plan legs.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 6 Next →

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base