Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

128 results found

1. I wish I could edit my labels from one area - like the polygon, marker, etc. area.

I wish I could edit my labels from one area - like the polygon, marker, etc. area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add easy Internet access on/off toggle

Easy Internet Access On/Off Switch - with a default that can be set by the user. I have experienced repetitive difficulties starting this program due to poor internet access, and would like to be able to set a default start to the maps I already have stored on my computer, for instance the 1:24,000 USGS topographical maps. Then, when I find the area I am working on, I could click the easy switch (rather than a setting buried three layers deep in the menu) to allow it to load aerials, if I so choose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need a sliding intensity scale for viewing or printing merged maps.

In TNP 11.x, The current best “merged SAR view” that is not too dark (viewing or printing), and that you can still see most all the topo lines is: Select “topo”, then merged with the “Aerial Ortho Enhanced”……………..all the topo lines are still visible, and the sat view is the lightest………………………..All the other combos give a very dark image merge with most topo lines unable to really be seen.In all cases using Sartopo or Mission Manager, I find I always lighten the sat/aerial view to see the topo better, but at the same time can see the open spaces/buildings….. So…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. show all nearby markers and permit drawing a route between markers from a list of imported markers

As it is creating a route from imported markers/waypoints is an extremely frustrating and time consuming chore. There is no show all markers feature nor show all nearby markers feature (i.e. within the coordinates of the currently active map) and there is no look ahead to the next/nearest marker/waypoint which would be very helpful as well. There is also no feature to select a group of markers from the list and make a new route listing of them. Currently this all has to be done one marker/waypoint at a time and there is a good deal of going back and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be able to use Sid files as well as GeoTiff

Import MrSid files to gain access to free government imagery not available in Tiff format

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add ability to change default label "pointer" position

We label our search segments on the map itself, but the polygon's Name text is too small and not the color we desire. As a workaround we use the Label tool, creating a Label of our desired font that has no background. That is all Defaultable, but the catch is we then have to reposition each label to prevent the numbers from "scattering" out of their search segments when the zoom level changes.

By this I mean, every time we place a Label, we must then either move the label text box over the pointer (and resize it to its…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. rotate polygons

Add the ability to rotate a polygon. For example, if you have a footprint (building pad for example) and you what to try to see how it fits on the ground, being able to rotate (as well as drag as we currently can do) would be very helpful

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Recognize Magenta and DarkMagenta colors when Importing Tracks

Description:
    Various colors can be assigned to Tracks in TNP. These are intended to be universal colors, so they work in BaseCamp and Google Earth as well (this is awesome) upon Export. However, I've noticed that TNP does not properly Import Magenta and DarkMagenta. It defaults to Red, which I assume is the default Track color, instead of being the assigned color like all the other colors.

Repro:
    1. Open attached TNP Export.gpx in BaseCamp and acknowledge multiple Tracks of various colors to show intended function in addition to Magenta and Dark Magenta.
    2. Open that same file in TNP,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Include USGS 1:24000 Quad name with every Find Placename Match

A Find Placename search may result in a long list of matches esp. if the keyword is common. The associated Quad names may be very useful in filtering for the desired Match. Sometimes TNP includes the Quad name with a match, sometimes not, even with identical match names. Suggestion: Include the Quad name for every Match. (If the quad name is always included, I can ignore it, but I cannot include the name as part of the filtering if it is not given.)
    The Nearest 15 is also a useful filter; the GNIS Category is often more entertaining than useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Visible (with single-click) listing of Layer Type Show/Hide status

Here is an alternate proposal that avoids the need to modify the Compass Bar or GUI as suggested in "layer display palette on the left sidebar". The idea here is to give an easy frequent view of the Show/Hide status of often-edited Layer Types with a single click and should be possible to implement without needing a major redesign of the GUI: Simply have the Layer Types in the Layers dropdown grayed-out if Hidden. Then every click on the Layers button offers a quick, intuitive, unobtrusive reminder of the Show/Hide status for these frequently-used Layer Types.

This proposal does not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Layer Stacking Order in display

On any display with layers, have a "right-click" option to change stacking order, moving the selected item towards the front or rear in the display, that is, to change which item is hidden by what. Options might be to change order within a Layer type, or among all Layer types, or of Layer types as a group (now seems to be Overlays under Routes under Tracks …).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Viewsheds (Line-of-Sight or Area-of-Sight) as an associated utility for TNP.

The need for Viewsheds is rapidly increasing in the SAR world esp. for searches for cell phones, in addition to uses as in the suggestion "Radius Tool or Tower Tool" ). Even the simplest Line-of-Sight model that generates overlays would be valuable using the DEM already built-in to TNP (MTH). A utility that functions along with, but not yet fully integrated in, TNP (as TNP's FormatMXF.exe utility) should be relatively easy to include as a feature of TNP and would be a selling point for TNP.
    Better elevation data might be imported and used in the utility (e.g. GridFloat and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow a Marker Name to be the Same as a GPS Name

Have a check box that will automatically set the GPS name to the Marker name when uploading a marker

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Keep Track/Marker/etc. dialog open when Find is pressed

When I append one track to another, I need to know which end is the start and end of each track. The only way I can do that with 10.2 is to use the Find Start and Find End button located in Edit Track. However, once I click the Find Start or Find End button, the Edit Track box will disappear. It would be nice to not have the Edit Track dialog box disappear after the I click Find Start or Find End.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. send polygon labels to GPS as waypoints; movable polygon labels

allow polygon labels to be moved, and exported to GPS as markers; or, actually make a marker (automatically) that is the polygon label, with name but no symbol - currently we make markers with no symbols, named the same as the search segment track, and place them in a non-cluttered spot inside the segment (polygon), and export them to GPS along with the segment boundaries (closed loop tracks / polygons).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. show secondary coords (as readonly) in Edit Marker and Info dialog boxes

Often we need to get the exact coords of an already-drawn marker, in the secondary coord system. Right now to do this we have to change the primary coord system, since only the primary coord system shows up in the Edit Marker dialog box and the Information popup for a maker. Can you please add the display of the secondary coord system, grayed-out / read-only, to both of those displays?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Import Elevation data for viewing in 3D.

I would like to be able to import data sets with 3D information. For example a .DXF (referenced to WGS84) with construction details of a large dam and be able to visualize these models with the 3-D viewer. Ideally the user could then elect which elevation model to pin the GPS location to, either the imported data or the underlying .mth or .evh. The pinning functionality would be a second priority in my opinion and could just default to one of the above options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add capability of placing geologic markers on the map.

Geologic markers would include two numeric compass-based values. One for strike. The other for dip. A file is attached to see what this would look like visually on a map. This would require a different class of marker as the marker symbol needs to visually communicate the two values. As is, I type in the values as text to field markers, but I don't have the visual presentation of the data that other programs offer (e.g. AutocCad Civil 3D. I cannot predict how many geologists would adopt TNP for field work if this was added, but it may be worth…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  20. TNP Distance Tool profile - flexible generation of data coordinates

When generating a profile from the TNP Distance Tool, provide a capability to generate data coordinates which can be downloaded to Excel or other graphing software. The resulting capability would ease the ability to generate elevation points for every distance point from origin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base