Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

128 results found

1. Labels with more than 2 lines of data

I'd like to see labels that could have more than 2 lines, like Lat/Long/Elev. or even better yet 2 sets that would have lat/long/ d.m.s, and lat/long/d.d, and then elevation. And please get some different looking boxes, the ones offered now are terrible looking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Split Imported Line Overlays

Split imported line overlays into separate sub-layers so that portions of the drawing can be shown/hidden (as opposed to showing/hiding the entire drawing overlay.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Incorporate Microsoft's Hologram for Map Projection

Incorporate Microsoft's Hologram for Map Projection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Higher Precision for State Plane

Provide higher precision for State Plane Coordinates by providing 3 decimal places.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I would like to open and change multiple projects at one time to create a master project

I have multiple projects scattered over a large area and its hard to remember where they all are so it would be nice to have the availability to open multiple projects then zoom in on the one you want to work on first then move to the next one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Increase the area/filesize of maps sent to GPS units to the maximum that the GPS can handle.

Increase the area/filesize of maps sent to GPS units to the maximum that the GPS can handle. The maximum size was decreased from version 10 to version 11 even though it was not hitting the limit of my GPS (Garmin Oregon 450).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Options for what populates the track title field

It would be great if I could change what populates the track title field? Right now, when I create a track from a parcel, the track title field is automatically populated with the parcel number. I would like it to populate with the owner name instead. Actually, both would be ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Export Parcel Data Attributes

I would like to see a way to get the parcel data attributes to come over whenever a track is created to export. Right now all we get is the track title which is usually manually typed in. A more efficient way to export parcels and their attributes would be very valuable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sync additional data including labels, marker configuration, etc.

My usage case of TNP requires labels and marker configuration (size, icon, color, etc) to be synced. Can this be added? If not, I will have to request a refund. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Distance tool Geotip

When using a distance tool, it would be nice to have more than one unit displayed in the Geotip instead of having to go to "information" to see more than one unit. I'd like the Geotip to show feet AND miles, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export/Import in the MapInfo TAB format

Please add this capability. I've used MapInfo GIS for many years. It would save a good bit of time to be able to bring my GPS data straight across from TNPro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Prompt Project window on launch

In the haste of setting up our command trailer, booting computers, launching software, and getting a map started, it is a common occurrence for our team to accidentally start working on a previous Project as opposed to creating a new Project.

Is it possible to, instead of prompting the Open Map window on launch, prompt the Manage Projects window on launch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The title of the track profile graph is now "Profile - Track" in TNP 10.42. It would be useful to have the title be the actual name of the

The title of the track profile graph is now "Profile - Track" in TNP 10.42. It would be useful to have the title be the actual name of the track. I post profiles to a hiking website and it gets confusing if all of the profiles have the same name. Attached is how it worked in TNP 9.2.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Additional Backup Option

In the realm of automatic project backups, create a 3rd tab/option/window that automatically backs up all "dirty" i.e. changed projects when exiting TNP. In a Preference option, allow setting of a different subdirectory and/or drive than the current default and more importantly, rather than a replace/overwrite option for name saving, let TNP automatically append the current date/time stamp on to the project name as a suffix in a format of yyyy/mm/dd hh:min:sec so that they can be sorted. If feasible and practical, this feature could be extended to "subfiles" such as markers, tracks, etc, whenever a project is exited. The…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase number of export/import fields- Default settings during import/export

In markers and possibly other functions, increase the number of data fields capable of being imported/exported, such as symbol, line, font size and and all colors; Bottom line, if it has a fill-in editable box within a drop down window in TNP, those fieldsshould be capable of being imported/exported, assuming blanks are set to a tab-drop down options that are to be used only during import/exports (and do not affect the "standard" defaults). Also, it would be easier to track/use if TNP inserted or removed as appropriate a header that contained the field names.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Extend the compatibility of TNP and ESRI ArcGIS by including import of ESRI LPK along with SHP to generate TNP Overlays.

The ESRI LPK Layer Package has become another valuable source of GIS info that would be useful for TNP Overlays, along with SHP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Import GPX files with several layer types using a single import step

The Web Planner offers export of Markers and Routes and Tracks into a single GPX file. But the import of that GPX file to TNP requires several steps to import all data elements. Furthermore, for any GPX file, I may not know which layer types are present.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ADD SLOPE (VS GRADE)

On the Profile display, "Grade" is shown. In the work I do, adding "Slope" (just to the right of the existing "grade %" would be VERY helpful. I am involved in back-country rescue and being able to plot a "slope" of a course, or determine the slope of a mountain side is more meaningful to our folks as avalanche potential is measured in terms of the slope of a mountainside - Maybe have the option to select Grade, Slope or "both" in the display could be useful too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Selection Inconsistencies

A selected item (marker, track…) is indicated with a dotted line as "Current" in the display if and only if the selection is made by the corresponding Layer tool.
    But selections for editing may be made in ways other than by using the Layer tool (e.g. right-click with any tool, a very worthwhile capability). However, then there may be an uncertainty, or no indication at all, of which item is being edited.
    Suggestion: Always use the dotted line indication of selection ("Current"), whenever an item is selected for any editing, even if the item is not selected by the corresponding…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base