How can we improve Terrain Navigator Pro? (Desktop Software)

Put it back the way it was

I have used versions of TNP since 2002 for SAR and Emergency response. The new changes which make it rely on high speed internet have really made this program less than useful. Map packs are not the answer because we don't know where our next incident will be until it happens. We need to be able to access maps and air photos without internet access, and without pre-work such as creating map packs. If the program won't run without internet, then none of the other features matter.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

TNP 11 does not rely on the Internet. As long as it is properly installed, TNP will work flawlessly on the traditional topographic maps.

As with all prior versions, any other map types (aerial photos, sat images, etc.) must be pre-downloaded. This was not changed. What did change was the method used to download the photos. Rather than use an arbitrary grid that was based on the USGS 7.5’ quad sheets, you can now download any area you want – up to the size of a typical county. Moreover, TNP 11 allows you to download these MapPacks on one PC, then share them with others – something not (easily) possible with prior versions. Finally, TNP 11 will continue to access photos downloaded in TNP 10 when offline.

I suggest reviewing this document on MapPacks and using TNP offline:
    https://tnp.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1122928

If TNP is still not meeting your needs, or if you have specific suggestions on how we can improve it, please let me know.

-Ed Lecuyer
    Product Manager, TNP

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)