How can we improve Terrain Navigator Pro? (Desktop Software)

Create geoPDF maps

I would like the ability to create/export maps in geoPDF format.

18 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tom Plawman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • grett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My independent SAR group uses TNP as our mapping platform for callouts. I have been asked for Avenza compatible map layers by the Sheriffs we work with while in the field. It would be very helpful to be able to produce those layers from within TNP.

• hood.mick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I work as a Forester for a State agency and also provide Forestry support to both the US Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management. I deal with permanent agency staff as well as contractors. I am not exaggerating when I say that every field-going person I work with are using Avenza software and subsequently request geo-referenced pdf maps from me.

I actually have to send my shape files to co-workers and have them create the geo-referenced pdf's for me using arcview.

• Michael Goodner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is time to get on the train for geo-referenced PDF maps. I am starting to get lots of calls for geo-PDF maps for use with Avenza. Avenza is easy to use even for people who are not that techey.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When exporting geoTiff, etc it does not give you a map with Overlays, tracks, etc. I agree that a GeoPDF would be beneficial because it would provide a better product. (a stand alone map with title, legend, compass, layers, etc). Please reconsider a GeoPDF map product. Thank you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK ... It time to re-think the ability to export GeoPDF maps for use with programs like Avenza PDFmaps. This would only benefit TNP users.

After all, Avenza users can get most USFS topo map for free. I use TNP for both wildland fire and SAR operations. The ability to rapidly share digital maps helps improve efficiency and saves time.

I was a early user of TNP products (Maptech 2.0) and now use 10.4.2.

• AdminEd Lecuyer (Technical Product Manager, Terrain Navigator Pro) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can export topographic maps and aerial photos in other geo-referenced formats, including GeoTIFF and JPG/JWG. Open the File menu and choose Export, Active Map (or Multiple Maps.) Here you will be able to set up full custom reprojection for your maps, and save them in a variety of formats. This is far more flexible and usable than GeoPDF, which is not a data format as much as a map presentation format.

• jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What work around is there at this point? How can we get a geo-referenced pdf that works in programs like PDF Maps? In Arc Map I can just save as pdf and it is Geo-referenced. What can we do with TNP ? Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base