Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

128 results found

1. more keyboard shortcuts

these are the shortcuts we could really use, including our top wish list items in each category:

• toggle display of various layers
      -- tops: Markers, Tracks, Overlays, Routes, Labels, Custom Grid
      (tied with the other request about keeping the layer visibility palette in the left sidebar - the main benefit there would be that you could leave it open without taking up real estate or blocking other actions)

• select tools from the toolbar
      -- tops: Marker, Distance Tool (straight line), info, preferences

• bring up the Layers dialogs (especially My Projects)
      -- tops: Layers -> My Projects; Layers -> Markers; Layers…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. layer display palette on the left sidebar

or other always-visible GUI enhancement that allows real-time layer display selection without blocking other actions, without requiring multiple keystrokes or clicks, and without taking up additional space on the desktop; could be fulfilled with keyboard shortcuts to toggle display for each layer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Direct GPS Support for Garmin Astro 220

Can you add a setting in TNP for the Astro 220. Ideally, I'd love to be able to see my dog's position in real time on the TNP map display.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Be able to apply a template to existing objects like markers, tracks and polygons

I know you can create templates in Preferences for new objects like markers, tracks, and polygons but I'd like to be able to apply that template to existing objects to keep them consistent across multiple projects.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Parcel Grouping

We'd like to see a feature where you can group contiguous parcels and then draw a single polygon for the group as well as to pull up parcel information relative to the entire group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide the ability to choose the line thickness of the polygon ID within the Legend on a map.

The line thickness that identifies a polygon within the map legend is too thin. This is a big problem especially when you have a lot of polygons.

The versatility to edit the map legend should be broadened in order to be more versatile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Auto scroll to typed character

In the "Find.Marker" dialogue box (and other search dialogue boxes), I'd like to be able to type the first letter of a marker name (similar to the "Find.City/Town search dialogue box). For example, in Find.City/Town, if an "S" is typed, it automatically scrolls to the first city/town that begins with "S". This is a pretty standard feature in many search boxes. It's a bit of a pain to scroll through my
    hundreds of markers each time. I requested this years ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Weather radar layer

Just how there are street and label and landmark layers, it would be extremely helpful to have a high-resolution radar layer (ie: useful radar, not blobs). This is present on the TNP Web version, as it is already part of the embedded Google maps I'm sure, but having it on the Desktop client would be excellent. This would allow for easier reference to when weather should hit what specific markers. More importantly, it allows for beautiful TNP printouts with a radar layer on top.

Considerations:
    * Resolution
    * Additional layers along this concept - cloud cover, temperature, wind
    * Obviously…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Team Tracker status indicator

Include an indicator in the TNP icon is the task tray that shows whether Team Tracker is enabled or not. (MS Outlook has similar functionality to indicate unread messages.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add Hawaii to your map list

Please add Hawaii to your state list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. when editing polygon, please enable 'double-click-to-add-vertex-and-finish'

this would be a bit quicker (and easier to train / easier to get people to remember) than going to the Finish button. After v9.5.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add field for dates for markers and tracks

When you create a marker in field, location is auto-marked in a designated field. It would be helpful to have an automatically noted date field for the day the marker was created. This would likely be created in the mobile application, but also transferred to the PC application. Of secondary priority, having date information automatically noted with tracks would be helpful - as those are also created during date specific traverses.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like the ability to have a label point to more than one feature (e.g. >1 marker)

I often need to have a label point to multiple features, such as one label point to two or more markers. Would be great to have this capability to clean up the project.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add rods to length units distance

A rod (16.5 feet) is a unit of land measurement common in old deed records here in the north east.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow Pointer color to be changed

It would be beneficial to be able to change the Map Pointer to a different color than white. Many times it is difficult to see where the pointer is because of a large amount of white in the map. If we could have the ability to change the pointer color it would be much easier to see.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When will we be allowed to be able to create our own bitmap symbols?

When will we be allowed to be able to create our own bitmap symbols?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can already use whatever you want as a marker symbol, if it is available as a Font on your system. There are lots of font libraries available for download that contain every type of symbol imaginable. However, it would still be nice to use a bitmap as a symbol in TNP, which we will consider as we continue to revise and improve the software.

17. Provide the same color palette for labels as that available for polygons.

I would like to see the color palette for labels be expanded to match that provided for polygons. Would be great to have color selection for tracks match as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. TNP proxy awareness

Please make future versions of TNP "proxy aware". This means that any component of TNP that needs access to the TNP website would automatically try to go through the current proxy before trying to go directly to the web. This would be very helpful at larger organizations with strict firewalls that would normally block TNP from accessing the web unless it goes through the proxy. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. in reach gps

Provide support for the Garmin In Reach series GPS. These are becoming very popular.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Be able to print, edit, and save multi-sheet drawings.

Currently in TNP, to print a multi-sheet drawing, such as along a utility line, one would have to position the border template on a section of the line, take a snapshot, and then scroll to the next section. This method would not easily be reproduced, and would take considerable time when having to edit a section print.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base