How can we improve our TNP Mobile App and TerrainNavigator.com web site?

Allow the mobile to display different colors for tracks

It would be nice if the tracks imported in the colors seen/set in the desktop version of that imported track, they all seem to import in blue. One example of why this is important would be having a project boundary be colored red, but existing road/trail systems yellow and a proposed pipeline blue. To make use of that track data on one project colors are vital.

34 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminEd Lecuyer (Technical Product Manager, Terrain Navigator Pro) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Michael Tyler Travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge help as the mobile app maps are extremely cluttered with all features being the same color and line thickness. This has been discussed within our organization numerous times.

• gunter ott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While doing that, please also allow the line thickness to conform to that selected for the non-mobile version.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of different colors is a critical flaw. I'm considering upgrading to a different software (even though it's more expensive) for this issue alone.

• Rich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strong support for this request. We have similar needs in terms of communicating with field volunteers. We are inspecting Forest Service routes and some of them can be signed now and others must wait until later next year. We have to have a way to show volunteers in the field which are which and color coding would be the simplest way. I hope that the request for colors on tracks means tracks and routes but maybe not. Let me know if I need to start a request for the same thing on routes. Routes are better for us since information on the route number can be accessed easily on the mobile app.

• Harry Zinn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. If it is too complicated for the mobile software, how about just making the current track a unique color? That would be a big step forward.

Feedback and Knowledge Base