Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

128 results found

1. Rotate base map

It would be helpful for printing/viewing purposes to be able to rotate base map like GE allows you to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Being able to put miltiple buffer strips around a stream.

I would like to be able to put buffer widths around water bodies (lakes, streams, wetlands) and calculate the acreage. This is required on some forest practices rules in the Pacific Northwest. In addition, some states have multiple buffers, for example, Washington has three, an inner core of 30 feet, a middle buffer of 45 feet, and an outer buffer of 25 feet. Tree harvest regulations differ for each buffer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Legend symbology

The symbology definitions in the legend dont match the properties shown on the map. Line fills are so tight they look like solid textures. line types are so small they all look the same. Maybe im missing something

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. UTM COORDINATES IN FEET

Most surveyors in pipeline or boundary use feet, not meters. we use UTM in our trimble access software with option for feet. I know how to convert back and forth but would like to be able to dump my csv file straight to the TNP
    UTM, (UNITED STATES), ZONE 15, NAD83, USFT
    PLEASE VOTE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  5. ADD PLSS for NE MS and NW AL

I would like to see the Northwest Corner of Alabama and the Northeast Corner of Mississippi PLSS completed, like it showed on the map when I bought it in version 6, I think. It may have been a later update, but I was disappointed when I learned it wasn't complete. I even sent in some links for MS GIS PLSS that you guys could've used pretty easily. Maybe there's enough of us to vote this in!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Different colors of tracks/markers/etc. for aerials vs topos.

Add a feature to automatically toggle between different colors of tracks, markers, etc. for aerials vs. topo maps, like is currently available for Grid Lines. For example, white markers show up well on aerials, but not so well on topos.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sending groups of markers to Google Earth.

Be able to send groups of markers to Google Earth instead of having to send them one at a time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can already be done using a few steps, rather than a direct link:
    1. Use the selection tool to group your markers.
    2. Right-click on the selection boundary line (or center node) and choose Export Markers/Routes/Tracks within selection.
    3. Save the KML file, import the KML into Google Earth.

8. Number Reset

Be able to reset track/marker/polygon/route numbers within a particular project instead of only being able to reset numbers throughout all projects. Having a unique set of numbers (starting with "1") for each project would be helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. show only private land parcels

Is it possible to show only privately owned parcels / sections in National Forests where most of the sections are USFS or BLM owned?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Display the PLSS [township range section] Custom Grid when the Primary Coordinate System is UTM or DMS

Presently the PLSS custom grid only shows if the Primary Coordinate System is one of the township range section choices. Allow display when the Primary Coordinate System is UTM, DMS and other.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add 1 inch = ____ feet scale check box option to the preformatted scale box that includes the scale bars and ratio scale checkbox option

Where I was thinking would be handy is to have that scale-type option be included in the scale block that the software already has formatted, which currently contains a check box option to include the ratio scale and choices of bar scales. That check box would need a drop down menu of choices of 1 inch = ___ meters, etc to address the possible broad base of customer needs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Be able to snap polygon boundaries when creating an adjacent polygon

Would like to snap polygon boundaries when creating an adjacent polygon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After cutting a existing polygon, be able to create a new and separate polygon from it.

Once you cut an new polygon, it uses the same name as the one you just cut. Want to create a new and separate polygon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When a polygon is cut, TNP already creates two separate polygons from the original. However, both polygons do share the same name (that of the original polygon.)

For example, if you have a Polygon named “My Property”, splitting that polygon will result in two new polygons, both named “My Property”.

We welcome specific suggestions as to how name the two new polygons. Should they be “My Property (1)” and “My Property (2)”? Should one stay named “My Property” and the other named something else (such as “My Property (2)” or whatever the default polygon name is? Or discard the existing name altogether?

14. grid cross

When printing maps, it would be great to be able to print just the gridline crosshairs where two gridlines would meet rather than the full gridlines. This reducing the number of possibly distracting lines on the map, but also provides users with access to the gridline locations (important for utm plotting, for example)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Symbol size option in print menu

When adding a symbol in a printed map legend, provide the editing option of increasing the symbol size.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow user to set order/hierarchy of overlays

If you have more than one layer that occupy the same space, there is no way for the user to set which one appears on top of the other. TNP makes this choice for you, which can create a layer to be hidden under another when you want it visible. For example I have a shapefile for every trail in my state, and others for specific trails (ski, snowmobile, etc.) which I want to be able to choose to be layered on top of (thereby visible) the generic trail layer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide ability to use What3Words coordinates

What3Words at https://what3words.com/ is being used by several countries and delivery companies to provide an exact (10x10m) location for directions when normal addresses don't work well. I see this as an awesome, easy to use alternative to USNG and would like to see it supported in TNP, if possible.

For example, if I gave you this address: https://w3w.co/fixed.defends.overhaul
    you would know to go to the front door of my work location instead of to the rear parking deck door. This coordinate system is getting more popular each day, especially for rural or highly congested locations.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Interactive mapping

http://terrastridepro.com/ -- see this company --they have an interactive features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Text rotation for Overlays

This would be helpful for stationing routes or tracks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base