Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

62 results found

1. Support for Garmin Bluetooth Connectivity

It could be really useful to carry a pc or ipad without internal gps and see your position on the map using a Garmin watch such as Instinct.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ? (mark) as a marker icon option

We have 35-40 icon options for markers. I have situations where a simple ? would be the appropriate icon for the mark. Seems like it would be easy to add to options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

You can use any TrueType font as a marker symbol in TNP (on the PC.) When picking symbols, note the drop down list of “Available Styles”. Choose “System Font Symbols” then whatever Font you wish, then a question mark. You may also want to explore additional symbol fonts – including those that can be downloaded online (in TrueType format.)

3. Consider using a program called DMAPPER to do live tracking.

I am with Silver Star Search and Rescue, of Washougal, WA. We have been using a program called DMAPPER to do live APRS tracking. We use Yaesu ham ht's to track our teams with. DMAPPER only costs $40.00, and is well worth the cost. Our trackers only have to reach back to our SAR Base, but if they hit a digipeater, you can follow them on APRS.FI. The program can update their position and keeps track on if the team is moving, when the last time heard from was, or if they have been sitting too long. This is all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow selection of both Name and Area (Total) as the Label in the Fill Area of a polygon.

I would like to be able to show more than one parameter as the Label in the Polygon Fill Area, specifically, I'd like to be able to choose both Name and Area (Total)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. More label choices

Please provide more format choices for labels. The little speech bubble shape looks very unprofessional, and the simple square/circle shapes have no pointers (adding lines to the squares/circles is possible but cumbersome).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Make polygons exportable like other objects: Markers, etc.

We use TNP extensively for our search and rescue team and have just started using polygons to identify search areas and separate projects for each operational period that the search lasts. If I could export polygons exclusively, I could easily build the basis for the next operational period and add polygons to extend our search area.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. snapping during data entry

simple snapping feature: hold down the shift button while drawing a distance line, track, route, marker, etc to snap to the nearest segment or vertex of a distance line, track, route, marker, etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Position Marker Text

I would like flexibity in determining the placement of the marker text. Rather than use the label tool, I'd rather specify the quadrant the marker text is to be positioned, or better still, let me click and drag the text independently of the marker's position.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. import utm points from excel !!!!

import utm points from excel !!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. provide a phone number to call for support

Provide a phone number to call for support. Can't find it in the program or your web site.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our toll free number for live, US-based technical support is published on our web site and in our products: 800-627-7236. Do note that we do not employ a call center, instead callers are answered by those directly responsible for TNP’s design, service, and sales. If you call and get our voicemail, we are likely helping someone else (or in the midst of planning/implementing/testing new features and improvements for TNP). Please leave a voicemail message and we will call you back as soon as we can (usually within an hour, during normal working hours.) Calls that do not leave a voicemail message are automatically discarded by the system and are not able to be returned.

We pride ourselves on excellent service and support for all our current subscribers. Do note that we are unable to assist callers who do not maintain an active TNP subscription; instead they are welcome to…

11. I would like to be able to scan a paper trail map and use it as a layer in TNP

Many parks have campsite and trail maps in paper format. I would like to be able to scan the paper map into a digital format such as a PDF or JPEG and overlay it as a semi transparent layer over a topo map in TNP so that the local trail and campsite information appears on the topo map. I often do not have access to a geocoded TIFF file and would like to simply overlay the map and manipulate it into position using a layer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please return to non seamless maps

I just installed version 11.0. I am not happy that all the maps are seamless now. I work with individual 7.5 minute topo maps and need to know their respective boundaries. I will be uninstalling this version so I can go back to the old system. Also, upon exiting the program should retain the last project you were working on. It is really annoying that one has to re-enter the project each time you log in.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Version 11.04 of Terrain Navigator Pro – released 12/5/2017 includes this new feature. When Information is picked in the Manage MapPacks window – the selection tool will now indicate the area of coverage (of the minimum display scale) of that MapPack. We also added a ‘Find’ button to open the map view at that location.

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add USGS Standard Scales to Map Scale Drop-Down

Add the conventional USGS map scales (24,000, 50,000, etc.) to the drop-downs for viewing and printing.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. I installed an update 4-20-2017, now city names no longer appear on the start up screen

I installed an update 4-20-2017, now city names no longer appear on the start up screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Map packs a pain..Need to be able to select tile by tile and/or at least by County.

We need all of WV aerial and/or satellite imagery on hard drive in event of disaster (internet not available). In previous versions you could select individual image "tiles" to down load. You could then seamlessly scroll n/s/e/w. With Map Pack, to get the whole state, the select tool which then gives you half of all the surrounding states that we don't need. It won't load - to much data....It would be nice to be able to select the tiles by County to get the whole state. It would also be nice to have the aerial and/or satellite images on DVD/CD.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve stability of 11.X. Since new realease, seems very unstable.

Improve stability of 11.X. Since new release, seems very unstable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Start-up Screen

It would be extremely helpful if when you open the program that you can set a home start location like on Google Earth, so you do not have to continually zoom in and try and locate your area every time.

Also, it would be very nice to actually view the USGS topos like before so we can read the map information of the sheet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please allow me to adjust the street width layer without affecting other layers.

Please allow me to adjust the street width layer without affecting other layers. Even minor roads can show up as very wide and give a false impression that even dirt roads are major thoroughfares through a property. As it is, when I reduce the road width, all the other line widths...such as polygons... are reduced as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base