Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

128 results found

1. Viewsheds (Line-of-Sight or Area-of-Sight) as an associated utility for TNP.

The need for Viewsheds is rapidly increasing in the SAR world esp. for searches for cell phones, in addition to uses as in the suggestion "Radius Tool or Tower Tool" ). Even the simplest Line-of-Sight model that generates overlays would be valuable using the DEM already built-in to TNP (MTH). A utility that functions along with, but not yet fully integrated in, TNP (as TNP's FormatMXF.exe utility) should be relatively easy to include as a feature of TNP and would be a selling point for TNP.
    Better elevation data might be imported and used in the utility (e.g. GridFloat and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Rotate Label

In addition to inserting text horizontally using the label tool, I would like the option to insert the text vertically as well as actively setting an insertion angle.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. When moving a marker, the 'hand' should not obscure the terrain under the marker.

When I move a marker by dragging it to a different place, the symbol that 'holds' the marker, obscures the terrain or symbols below. Could you please come up with less 'covering' symbol than the hand presently used? It would be helpful to me, if you were to allow the 'hand' to wrap around the marker symbol rather than to totally obscure it. Maybe a pincer-like symbol closing to the outside of the marker could serve.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow a Marker Name to be the Same as a GPS Name

Have a check box that will automatically set the GPS name to the Marker name when uploading a marker

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Keep Track/Marker/etc. dialog open when Find is pressed

When I append one track to another, I need to know which end is the start and end of each track. The only way I can do that with 10.2 is to use the Find Start and Find End button located in Edit Track. However, once I click the Find Start or Find End button, the Edit Track box will disappear. It would be nice to not have the Edit Track dialog box disappear after the I click Find Start or Find End.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Smart Track Append

When I create tracks from the overlay layer created by a shapefile, the tracks are often broken up into segments. If I want just one track from two segments, I have to be very careful of the order of the track I choose when I do the append. For example, I pick out two trails that are two segments of the same trail so track one goes from A to B and track two goes from B to C. When I do the append operation, I have to make sure I append track two to track one. If I append…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide capability to display both dog and gps receiver for Alpha 100-TT15

Garmin sells the alpha 100. With this you can see the position of a canine in the field (sporting or search dog) by plugging the handheld into laptop and running basecamp software. I can plug my alpha in and see my location on TNP but I can't see the dog's location. We want the ability to see the location on TNP for several dogs in the field from a receiver in base. Would rather use TNP than have to switch to upgraded map products in their basecamp software.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please add additional frame styles in the print window page blocks for up, down, left, and right arrows

Please add more frame styles in the print block that that would include left, right, up and down arrows

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Auto-Detect GPS unit within Software or Pull Laptop USB Info to derive correct unit

Request to update the TNP software to allow for it to correctly
    recognize the GPS unit that is currently connected to the USB port vs. having to manually select the make and model within your software. Often I have several different makes and models I am
    working with, and an auto-detect feature would go a long way in
    assisting with tracks from a multiple variety of units, vs. having to change it every time there is a different model connected.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need to move "manage project" to the toolbar

Every time i start a project - I have to go - LAYERS , Then Manage project - then pick my project. It be nice if there was a project button or even on the side panel...

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow track and route names/numbers to be displayed on screen as markers are.

Currently you can't have track names on-screen. Names, trail numbers, etc., are very useful for our SAR unit. Having such a feature would save us time in preparing mission maps.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add Hawaii to your map list

Please add Hawaii to your state list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. In prefrences ,range rings, allow input of 4 unique distances before returning to map.

In the SAR world early in a missing person search, one of the first uses of TNP is to describe the statistical data base of lost persons. This nationwide database expresses data in 25,50,75, and 95 percentile rings. It would greatly assist our efforts to be able to input four unique range rings in Preferences/range rings/set by distance so we would not have to work back and forth from set up to map to set these statistical rings.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be helpful for Kentucky users to have the option of exporting in Kentucky Single Zone in addition to the North & South options

It would be helpful for Kentucky users to have the option of exporting in Kentucky Single Zone in addition to the North & South options

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Orientation view options - Track Up and North Up

Currently only a North Up (North at top of screen) as far as I can find is available. Would be nice to have a Track Up option

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display track information (primarily track length and track area) by track in the "Edit Track" screen

As envisioned, this feature would allow user to obtain information about mulitple tracks from one location by toggling through track list rather than having to left click on each track in a map.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Modify polygons

Be able to modify a polygon from say 40 acres to 25 acres. Click on a line segment and drag it to new connecting point to close new polygon with new information.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  19. Alter a project while the print screen is open.

Often I enter the print screen and take many steps setting up a print then need to make a small adjustment, such as hiding certain tracks or markers or changing colors, and have to close the print screen, make the changes and then reopen print to make all the adjustments that were just set up to print the next map.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. when editing polygon, please enable 'double-click-to-add-vertex-and-finish'

this would be a bit quicker (and easier to train / easier to get people to remember) than going to the Finish button. After v9.5.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base