Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

128 results found

1. Be able to print, edit, and save multi-sheet drawings.

Currently in TNP, to print a multi-sheet drawing, such as along a utility line, one would have to position the border template on a section of the line, take a snapshot, and then scroll to the next section. This method would not easily be reproduced, and would take considerable time when having to edit a section print.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I wish I could edit my labels from one area - like the polygon, marker, etc. area.

I wish I could edit my labels from one area - like the polygon, marker, etc. area.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Increase the area/filesize of maps sent to GPS units to the maximum that the GPS can handle.

Increase the area/filesize of maps sent to GPS units to the maximum that the GPS can handle. The maximum size was decreased from version 10 to version 11 even though it was not hitting the limit of my GPS (Garmin Oregon 450).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide the ability to choose the line thickness of the polygon ID within the Legend on a map.

The line thickness that identifies a polygon within the map legend is too thin. This is a big problem especially when you have a lot of polygons.

The versatility to edit the map legend should be broadened in order to be more versatile.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow the ability to center the text within a label on a map.

Allow the ability to center the text within a label on a map.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Date of Satellite/Aerial Photos

We used to be able to access acquisition dates of aerial photos through the "information" link on the photo; that now seems to be lost in TNP 11 (and there seems to be no way to determine when the satellite photos were taken - not even the year). In my work it is important to be able to reference the date of the photo - any way to provide that information again?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Aerial OrthoPhoto map type retains the ability to indicate the date (year) of the photo. In fact, each year available is listed as a Map Edition.

Unfortunately, the data provider for the higher resolution Satellite Imagery does not indicate the date of that image to us. Perhaps they will add this ability to their service in the future – at which time we can consider adding it to TNP.

7. Add easy Internet access on/off toggle

Easy Internet Access On/Off Switch - with a default that can be set by the user. I have experienced repetitive difficulties starting this program due to poor internet access, and would like to be able to set a default start to the maps I already have stored on my computer, for instance the 1:24,000 USGS topographical maps. Then, when I find the area I am working on, I could click the easy switch (rather than a setting buried three layers deep in the menu) to allow it to load aerials, if I so choose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need a sliding intensity scale for viewing or printing merged maps.

In TNP 11.x, The current best “merged SAR view” that is not too dark (viewing or printing), and that you can still see most all the topo lines is: Select “topo”, then merged with the “Aerial Ortho Enhanced”……………..all the topo lines are still visible, and the sat view is the lightest………………………..All the other combos give a very dark image merge with most topo lines unable to really be seen.In all cases using Sartopo or Mission Manager, I find I always lighten the sat/aerial view to see the topo better, but at the same time can see the open spaces/buildings….. So…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. show all nearby markers and permit drawing a route between markers from a list of imported markers

As it is creating a route from imported markers/waypoints is an extremely frustrating and time consuming chore. There is no show all markers feature nor show all nearby markers feature (i.e. within the coordinates of the currently active map) and there is no look ahead to the next/nearest marker/waypoint which would be very helpful as well. There is also no feature to select a group of markers from the list and make a new route listing of them. Currently this all has to be done one marker/waypoint at a time and there is a good deal of going back and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Options for what populates the track title field

It would be great if I could change what populates the track title field? Right now, when I create a track from a parcel, the track title field is automatically populated with the parcel number. I would like it to populate with the owner name instead. Actually, both would be ideal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export Parcel Data Attributes

I would like to see a way to get the parcel data attributes to come over whenever a track is created to export. Right now all we get is the track title which is usually manually typed in. A more efficient way to export parcels and their attributes would be very valuable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Make a "default print scale" preference

This would let you avoid having to remember to set the scale every time you want to print if you consistently use 1 scale. You would still be able to change the scale during the print function if desired.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to use Sid files as well as GeoTiff

Import MrSid files to gain access to free government imagery not available in Tiff format

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sync additional data including labels, marker configuration, etc.

My usage case of TNP requires labels and marker configuration (size, icon, color, etc) to be synced. Can this be added? If not, I will have to request a refund. Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Distance tool Geotip

When using a distance tool, it would be nice to have more than one unit displayed in the Geotip instead of having to go to "information" to see more than one unit. I'd like the Geotip to show feet AND miles, for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Auto scroll to typed character

In the "Find.Marker" dialogue box (and other search dialogue boxes), I'd like to be able to type the first letter of a marker name (similar to the "Find.City/Town search dialogue box). For example, in Find.City/Town, if an "S" is typed, it automatically scrolls to the first city/town that begins with "S". This is a pretty standard feature in many search boxes. It's a bit of a pain to scroll through my
    hundreds of markers each time. I requested this years ago.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. Export/Import in the MapInfo TAB format

Please add this capability. I've used MapInfo GIS for many years. It would save a good bit of time to be able to bring my GPS data straight across from TNPro

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Add ability to edit Polygon text Style/Font

When using the Polygon tool the automated text values are perfect for labeling search segments. However, we run into the issue of the tiny black numbers being difficult to see on printed aerial maps. We would like the ability to edit the Style of the text in order to, at minimum, change the size and color.

Right now we workaround the issue by using Labels, but this carries its own problems and can be cumbersome.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add ability to change default label "pointer" position

We label our search segments on the map itself, but the polygon's Name text is too small and not the color we desire. As a workaround we use the Label tool, creating a Label of our desired font that has no background. That is all Defaultable, but the catch is we then have to reposition each label to prevent the numbers from "scattering" out of their search segments when the zoom level changes.

By this I mean, every time we place a Label, we must then either move the label text box over the pointer (and resize it to its…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Prompt Project window on launch

In the haste of setting up our command trailer, booting computers, launching software, and getting a map started, it is a common occurrence for our team to accidentally start working on a previous Project as opposed to creating a new Project.

Is it possible to, instead of prompting the Open Map window on launch, prompt the Manage Projects window on launch?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base