Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

128 results found

1. send polygon labels to GPS as waypoints; movable polygon labels

allow polygon labels to be moved, and exported to GPS as markers; or, actually make a marker (automatically) that is the polygon label, with name but no symbol - currently we make markers with no symbols, named the same as the search segment track, and place them in a non-cluttered spot inside the segment (polygon), and export them to GPS along with the segment boundaries (closed loop tracks / polygons).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. 'favorites' or 'recent' in list of GPS types

our team goes back and forth between garmin 60 csx usb and garmin 62s usb almost exclusively. There are 2 or 3 others (etrex, rino, 76csx usb, etc) that we use now and then as needed. Can you add a 'favorites' or 'recently used' at the top of the listbox of gps types, to save the time of having to scroll thru the list each time?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. show secondary coords (as readonly) in Edit Marker and Info dialog boxes

Often we need to get the exact coords of an already-drawn marker, in the secondary coord system. Right now to do this we have to change the primary coord system, since only the primary coord system shows up in the Edit Marker dialog box and the Information popup for a maker. Can you please add the display of the secondary coord system, grayed-out / read-only, to both of those displays?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Create geoPDF maps

I would like the ability to create/export maps in geoPDF format.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Be Able to Start A New Line At or On an Existing Line or Object

Currently, new lines have to be started a short distance away from any existing lines or features. This causes a glitch in the professionalism of maps because there are "stub outs" that have no purpose and always raise questions by map recipients.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. make available a CD/DVD (s) of Calif.' "Shaded Topo Map" series...don't always have internet avail for shaded topo downloads downloads

We use TNP 9.21 in SAR & frequently do not have internet available...wilderness. Is it possible to sell us CD/DVDs of California Topo series with shaded maps?...I would purchase them instantly!
    ...PS: but, we do appreciate you making the "shaded topos" downloads available! Thanks for your consideration & all that you do!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Import Elevation data for viewing in 3D.

I would like to be able to import data sets with 3D information. For example a .DXF (referenced to WGS84) with construction details of a large dam and be able to visualize these models with the 3-D viewer. Ideally the user could then elect which elevation model to pin the GPS location to, either the imported data or the underlying .mth or .evh. The pinning functionality would be a second priority in my opinion and could just default to one of the above options.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Watershed Delineation

"Fill" a watershed with virtual water from a set elevation to visualize a hypothetical impoundment area on topographic maps and aerials. This is useful for planning ponds, lakes, and culverts. (This feature is available on Global Mapper.)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I would like to have the ability to enter meets and bounds from a known point to create a boundary line

Take the meets and bounds from a deed description and enter them to create a boundary line. Also have the ability to create a plot line report.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I am know to pick good campsites

Here in the NW it is wise to get sunshine in camp, even more so at higher elevations in deep forest. So I would like to see the suns path animated throughout a day, and with the sun in the proper location for whatever time of the year, In 3D mode with the shadows show from ground level wherever your location might be.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Leaf off aerial photos.

In addition to or in place of the leaf on aerial photos, color leaf off aerials would show so much more detail. For example streams, skid trails and field edges can all be seen with leaf off photos but they hide under the canopy of the trees.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Historical Photos

Like to have access to historical photos through TNP.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. more keyboard shortcuts

these are the shortcuts we could really use, including our top wish list items in each category:

• toggle display of various layers
      -- tops: Markers, Tracks, Overlays, Routes, Labels, Custom Grid
      (tied with the other request about keeping the layer visibility palette in the left sidebar - the main benefit there would be that you could leave it open without taking up real estate or blocking other actions)

• select tools from the toolbar
      -- tops: Marker, Distance Tool (straight line), info, preferences

• bring up the Layers dialogs (especially My Projects)
      -- tops: Layers -> My Projects; Layers -> Markers; Layers…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. layer display palette on the left sidebar

or other always-visible GUI enhancement that allows real-time layer display selection without blocking other actions, without requiring multiple keystrokes or clicks, and without taking up additional space on the desktop; could be fulfilled with keyboard shortcuts to toggle display for each layer

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. faster rendering

• faster rendering that does not slow the system down as much for large data sets / many tracks. Maybe some sort of culling based on zoom or based on window area? I don't know graphics enough to be conversant on the topic in any more detail.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. USGS Hybrid Topo/Photo "US National Map"

I want to use the new "US National Map" topos that the USGS is creating in TNP. I know your street overlay and aerial photos are just as detailed, but my agency needs the "official USGS" edition.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  18. Canadian Maps

Can you make a version of TNP that uses the 1:50,000 topographic maps produced in Canada?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add Direct GPS Support for Garmin Astro 220

Can you add a setting in TNP for the Astro 220. Ideally, I'd love to be able to see my dog's position in real time on the TNP map display.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Direct GPS Support for DeLorme PN-40

I have a DeLorme PN-40 and would like to connect to it directly using the GPS menu of TNP, rather than importing and exporting GPX files.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base