Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

62 results found

1. Support for Garmin Bluetooth Connectivity

It could be really useful to carry a pc or ipad without internal gps and see your position on the map using a Garmin watch such as Instinct.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ? (mark) as a marker icon option

We have 35-40 icon options for markers. I have situations where a simple ? would be the appropriate icon for the mark. Seems like it would be easy to add to options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

You can use any TrueType font as a marker symbol in TNP (on the PC.) When picking symbols, note the drop down list of “Available Styles”. Choose “System Font Symbols” then whatever Font you wish, then a question mark. You may also want to explore additional symbol fonts – including those that can be downloaded online (in TrueType format.)

3. Consider using a program called DMAPPER to do live tracking.

I am with Silver Star Search and Rescue, of Washougal, WA. We have been using a program called DMAPPER to do live APRS tracking. We use Yaesu ham ht's to track our teams with. DMAPPER only costs $40.00, and is well worth the cost. Our trackers only have to reach back to our SAR Base, but if they hit a digipeater, you can follow them on APRS.FI. The program can update their position and keeps track on if the team is moving, when the last time heard from was, or if they have been sitting too long. This is all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I installed an update 4-20-2017, now city names no longer appear on the start up screen

I installed an update 4-20-2017, now city names no longer appear on the start up screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improve stability of 11.X. Since new realease, seems very unstable.

Improve stability of 11.X. Since new release, seems very unstable.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Start-up Screen

It would be extremely helpful if when you open the program that you can set a home start location like on Google Earth, so you do not have to continually zoom in and try and locate your area every time.

Also, it would be very nice to actually view the USGS topos like before so we can read the map information of the sheet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Map packs a pain..Need to be able to select tile by tile and/or at least by County.

We need all of WV aerial and/or satellite imagery on hard drive in event of disaster (internet not available). In previous versions you could select individual image "tiles" to down load. You could then seamlessly scroll n/s/e/w. With Map Pack, to get the whole state, the select tool which then gives you half of all the surrounding states that we don't need. It won't load - to much data....It would be nice to be able to select the tiles by County to get the whole state. It would also be nice to have the aerial and/or satellite images on DVD/CD.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can create a map containing any layer (including polygons) and Export it as a .TIF (or .JPG, or .PDF) by opening the File menu and choosing Print/Publish Maps.

That said, if you are looking to export the polygon as a GPX, KML/KMZ, Shapefile, or similar format, that is a different matter (and would be a different feature to request,)

10. Please make USGS quadrangle grid lines available as an overlay - for topo or any other format

Quadrangle grid outlines aren't always self-evident even on USGS topo maps. Since my projects are constrained by these grid lines, it's important for me to readily see this grid regardless of the map format I'm in. It should be an overlay. I just spent an inordinate amount of time forcing the grid over my mapping area via point-to-point line drawing. It was t-o-r-t-u-r-e. Given these lines are readily available, this should be an easy thing to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you need a layer that indicates boundary of the USGS topographic maps, set a custom grid (File, Preferences, Custom Grid) to have coordinate spacing of 0deg, 7min, 30 seconds. Then enable Custom Grid in View, Layer Size/Visibility. Note also that the current quad name is displayed in the TNP titlebar.

This also has the advantage of being visible, regardless of scale and map type.

11. Scroll Bars

Although while navigating around a map, dragging the little "hand" is usually sufficient, it would be great if one could move along the cardinal directions (N-S-E-W) by use of scroll bars. If one is extremely space conscious or doesn't ever need scroll bars, make it a preference that could be turned on or off

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Compass Control Bar (on the left side of the map window) is not just a pretty decoration – it is live and active. Press the North arrow to pan the map North, South arrow to pan South, etc.

Also, use the Page Up and Page Down keys to pan the map North and South. Shift+Page Up/Down pans East and West.

12. Make TNP more MS Office (or similar products) more import/export friendly

Make the export/import of markers more friendly to Excel, Access or similar applications. It takes too much formatting, file renaming etc. when this work could probably be done "behind the scenes" in letting TNP make the export files directly compatible and to import same files from other applications.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Make it clear that in many cases, the parcel data in your $99 state packages is extremely dated.

Just purchased the Oregon parcel package and when working with it for a few days, found that the data was current only through 2011. When I looked at it on the website, indicated it was coverage updated through 2015. My bad for not realizing that meant what it said - coverage, not data - and that by clicking on a state you will get the last update for the data. But I think you should make it more upfront on how to access this information. Probably would not have purchased had I known this upfront.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

The Parcel Data purchase page indicates the approximate currency of the data. We may make this more prominent. Regardless, we receive and post data updates bi-annually. We have no way of predicting how long the various municipalities will update the ownership information, and when such updates will get processed by the data provider.

That said, most data is very current – and was updated within the last 2-3 years.

14. Overlay semi-transparent quad with data onto a TNP map.

I work with the Oregon-Califonria Trails Association. I have scanned quads of the Gold Rush emigrant trails. If we could overlay a semi-transparent quad onto a TNP map and match the contour lines, we could transfer the data into TNP. Can an image file be an overlay and be maniuplated?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Give us the latest USGS traditional, hand drawn maps, instead of maps that are 50 years old

Give us the latest USGS traditional, hand drawn maps, instead of maps that are 50 years old

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The USGS has discontinued the practice of creating and updating hand drawn maps. In some rare cases, TNP may not have the final edition of a specific map. In other cases, the Alternate Edition (shaded relief) edition will be more current. For details, please see:
    http://tnp.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/493415

That said, we are reworking the entire mapping engine in TNP to support a wider variety of maps. Look for this update in the coming months.

16. Magnetic Declination update with new World Magnetic Model

Will the magnetic declination calculation be updated with the revised 2015 World Magnetic Model available at http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/geomag/WMM/DoDWMM.shtml ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 100 meter USNG grid squares

We would love to display 100 meter grid squares while using USNG or MGRS. My understanding is you can currently only see the 1 km squares.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow setting of Grid colors

Right now the custom grid is black (on topo maps) or white (on aerial photos.) Please allow me pick these color myself. It would be great if I could also change the colors of TSR/PLSS grids from red/green to what I prefer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to download documents from desktop to mobile app

This would be very useful for daily briefings for ICS especially if ICS 204s could be linked to a polygon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. valid password

when creating a new TNP 10 account you are asked to create a password. I was told that the first one I created was invalid but there was no info on what constituted a valid password. I took a guess and got one to work but you might spare other users some confusion by specifying exactly what you require.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base