Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

128 results found

1. Watershed Delineation

"Fill" a watershed with virtual water from a set elevation to visualize a hypothetical impoundment area on topographic maps and aerials. This is useful for planning ponds, lakes, and culverts. (This feature is available on Global Mapper.)

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Date of Satellite/Aerial Photos

We used to be able to access acquisition dates of aerial photos through the "information" link on the photo; that now seems to be lost in TNP 11 (and there seems to be no way to determine when the satellite photos were taken - not even the year). In my work it is important to be able to reference the date of the photo - any way to provide that information again?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Aerial OrthoPhoto map type retains the ability to indicate the date (year) of the photo. In fact, each year available is listed as a Map Edition.

Unfortunately, the data provider for the higher resolution Satellite Imagery does not indicate the date of that image to us. Perhaps they will add this ability to their service in the future – at which time we can consider adding it to TNP.

3. Provide capability to display both dog and gps receiver for Alpha 100-TT15

Garmin sells the alpha 100. With this you can see the position of a canine in the field (sporting or search dog) by plugging the handheld into laptop and running basecamp software. I can plug my alpha in and see my location on TNP but I can't see the dog's location. We want the ability to see the location on TNP for several dogs in the field from a receiver in base. Would rather use TNP than have to switch to upgraded map products in their basecamp software.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow the ability to center the text within a label on a map.

Allow the ability to center the text within a label on a map.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rotate Label

In addition to inserting text horizontally using the label tool, I would like the option to insert the text vertically as well as actively setting an insertion angle.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Direct GPS Support for DeLorme PN-40

I have a DeLorme PN-40 and would like to connect to it directly using the GPS menu of TNP, rather than importing and exporting GPX files.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make a "default print scale" preference

This would let you avoid having to remember to set the scale every time you want to print if you consistently use 1 scale. You would still be able to change the scale during the print function if desired.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Orientation view options - Track Up and North Up

Currently only a North Up (North at top of screen) as far as I can find is available. Would be nice to have a Track Up option

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Public Lands Overlay

In states which have large amounts of public land it would be useful if TNP had overlays of public lands such as National Parks, Monuments, Forests, etc. The various overlays in the now discontinued Trimble Outdoors maps were excellent.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Modify polygons

Be able to modify a polygon from say 40 acres to 25 acres. Click on a line segment and drag it to new connecting point to close new polygon with new information.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. make available a CD/DVD (s) of Calif.' "Shaded Topo Map" series...don't always have internet avail for shaded topo downloads downloads

We use TNP 9.21 in SAR & frequently do not have internet available...wilderness. Is it possible to sell us CD/DVDs of California Topo series with shaded maps?...I would purchase them instantly!
    ...PS: but, we do appreciate you making the "shaded topos" downloads available! Thanks for your consideration & all that you do!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Canadian Maps

Can you make a version of TNP that uses the 1:50,000 topographic maps produced in Canada?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Plot/Grid system overlay within a boundary

I would like to be able to enter a point/plot or grid system within a boundary of property tract for cruising timber. Be able to place a certain systematic plot system as an overlay without having to manually insert the markers. For instance, place markers every 300 feet by 300 feet throughout the tract.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ability to edit Polygon text Style/Font

When using the Polygon tool the automated text values are perfect for labeling search segments. However, we run into the issue of the tiny black numbers being difficult to see on printed aerial maps. We would like the ability to edit the Style of the text in order to, at minimum, change the size and color.

Right now we workaround the issue by using Labels, but this carries its own problems and can be cumbersome.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Import either KML or KMZ tracks.

I would like to import tracks created on google earth and saved as either KML or KMZ files on my computer without having to convert them to a GPX file first. Right now I have to save the file, then open in it in another program, save it as a GPX, and then finally open in TNP.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can import KML/KMZ files directly into TNP as Overlays – open the Layers menu, choose Overlays and press Help for more details. Once imported, then the contents of the KML/KMZ file can have routes, tracks, and markers created from its data.

That said, it would be useful to import KML/KMZ files directly as routes, tracks and markers.

17. Quick way to review the Show/Hide status of all sublayers in a large Project.

Currently, the Show/Hide state of sublayers (e.g. Markers, Overlays) in a Project is found either by scrolling through a lengthy list in the Layer Size/Visibility Preference or by examining one-at-a-time the individual sublayers (e.g. Markers in the Edit Markers window). Example Suggestion: Gray-out the name of each Hidden Marker in the entire list of Markers in the Edit Markers window, distinguishing the Show/Hide state of every Marker at a glance. This suggestion has perhaps greatest value for Overlays in a complex Project.
    This suggestion does not require revising the always-visible GUI as proposed in this forum "layer display palette on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When moving a marker, the 'hand' should not obscure the terrain under the marker.

When I move a marker by dragging it to a different place, the symbol that 'holds' the marker, obscures the terrain or symbols below. Could you please come up with less 'covering' symbol than the hand presently used? It would be helpful to me, if you were to allow the 'hand' to wrap around the marker symbol rather than to totally obscure it. Maybe a pincer-like symbol closing to the outside of the marker could serve.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Auto-Detect GPS unit within Software or Pull Laptop USB Info to derive correct unit

Request to update the TNP software to allow for it to correctly
    recognize the GPS unit that is currently connected to the USB port vs. having to manually select the make and model within your software. Often I have several different makes and models I am
    working with, and an auto-detect feature would go a long way in
    assisting with tracks from a multiple variety of units, vs. having to change it every time there is a different model connected.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 'favorites' or 'recent' in list of GPS types

our team goes back and forth between garmin 60 csx usb and garmin 62s usb almost exclusively. There are 2 or 3 others (etrex, rino, 76csx usb, etc) that we use now and then as needed. Can you add a 'favorites' or 'recently used' at the top of the listbox of gps types, to save the time of having to scroll thru the list each time?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base