Skip to content

TNP Desktop Software

62 results found

1. Position Marker Text

I would like flexibity in determining the placement of the marker text. Rather than use the label tool, I'd rather specify the quadrant the marker text is to be positioned, or better still, let me click and drag the text independently of the marker's position.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. 34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add public and private land overlay

I would like to see a way to show various forms of public/private land on my map display on the TNP desktop.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make polygons exportable like other objects: Markers, etc.

We use TNP extensively for our search and rescue team and have just started using polygons to identify search areas and separate projects for each operational period that the search lasts. If I could export polygons exclusively, I could easily build the basis for the next operational period and add polygons to extend our search area.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Please return to non seamless maps

I just installed version 11.0. I am not happy that all the maps are seamless now. I work with individual 7.5 minute topo maps and need to know their respective boundaries. I will be uninstalling this version so I can go back to the old system. Also, upon exiting the program should retain the last project you were working on. It is really annoying that one has to re-enter the project each time you log in.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use my own Base maps

Instead of using the USGS topos and Aerial photos, I would like to import my own maps.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. Add contours to aerial photos

Contours could be calculated (easily) by TNP as SHP from existing (or future updated higher res.) DEM (MTH) files and made available (perhaps by quad or 1/4-quad) as overlays that can be added to a Project and displayed and printed on aerials, with all the flexibility of overlay display. (Alternatively, the contours might be calculated dynamically.)

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Chains as a unit of measurement

Common measurement unit used in / on fires. 1 chain = 66 feet

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Add USGS Standard Scales to Map Scale Drop-Down

Add the conventional USGS map scales (24,000, 50,000, etc.) to the drop-downs for viewing and printing.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Better road file

The Tom Tom version of roads is terrible. Surely there is a better road file out there. Try garmin

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. snapping during data entry

simple snapping feature: hold down the shift button while drawing a distance line, track, route, marker, etc to snap to the nearest segment or vertex of a distance line, track, route, marker, etc

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Polygons

You should make a true Polygon tool that includes the ability to copy/paste/move entire polygon (without altering shape.)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  14. import utm points from excel !!!!

import utm points from excel !!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When drawing distance lines the bearing reads in 360 degree azimuths. It would be very helpful in plotting deeds to be able to draw distanc

When drawing distance lines the bearing reads in 360 degree azimuths. It would be very helpful in plotting deeds to be able to draw distance lines with quadrant bearings such as south 72 degrees east. Otherwise we have to convert azimuth bearings to quadrant bearings before drawing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Please allow me to adjust the street width layer without affecting other layers.

Please allow me to adjust the street width layer without affecting other layers. Even minor roads can show up as very wide and give a false impression that even dirt roads are major thoroughfares through a property. As it is, when I reduce the road width, all the other line widths...such as polygons... are reduced as well.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  17. More label choices

Please provide more format choices for labels. The little speech bubble shape looks very unprofessional, and the simple square/circle shapes have no pointers (adding lines to the squares/circles is possible but cumbersome).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Support Michigan GeoRef coordinate system

The State of Michigan distributes their spatial data using the Michigan GeoRef coordinate system. It would be very helpful to be able to view the many publicly-available shape files from the Michigan Center for Geographic Information as a layer in TNP. Presently, TNP does not support Michigan GeoRef coordinates, which makes these files incompatible with TNP.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow the "street name" layer within the "street layer" to be turned on and off

Right now I can turn the "street layer" on or off. But I cannot turn the "street name" within the "street layer" on or off. it is always on. It would be nice to turn the street name on or off. Right now if place a waypoint on a street, it can be obscured by the street name. The map can also become very busy by having waypoints or other map symbols and the street name. Another reason to turn off the street name is being able to export a clean map to use in a guide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow selection of both Name and Area (Total) as the Label in the Fill Area of a polygon.

I would like to be able to show more than one parameter as the Label in the Polygon Fill Area, specifically, I'd like to be able to choose both Name and Area (Total)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4

TNP Desktop Software

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base